The Bishop and his departments employ a range of specialists in many different areas. Similarly, our parishes employ staff for administrative and other purposes. If you would like to place a relevant employment notice on this website, please contact:
Leader People Support & Development
Catholic Diocese of Auckland
Phone: 360 3009
Social Worker (South Auckland)
Catholic Social Services
Catholic Social Services has a vacancy for a full-time Social Worker based in Otara but covering the wider Auckland Community where required. As a faith-based professional service Catholic Social Services provides social work, counselling, out-reach and support to individual people and families.
The key function of the role is to assist families and individuals in difficulty and at risk by the provision of generic social services, and respond to referrals to the agency including family violence referrals. Networking and collaboration both within the team and the community is an important objective.
Applicants must have:
- A Social Work qualification that is recognised by the New Zealand Association of Social Workers Registration Board.
- Registered with the New Zealand Association of Social Workers Registration Board.
- Proven experience in social work with Pacifica families.
- Experience of working in the area of domestic violence in the community.
- Experience in working alongside multicultural communities, especially Maori and Pacific Island.
- A full clean driver’s license.
- Empathy with and commitment to upholding the values of the Catholic Church would be an advantage
For further information on Catholic Social Services, please visit their website www.cssauckland.org.nz.
Please send a cover letter, application form and CV to Leanne Killgour, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close 10th August 2018.
We are seeking an individual with sound accounting skills to undertake this full-time role within the Diocesan Centre Finance team.
The position is responsible for providing accounting support to the Senior Financial Accountant and Finance Team in the Diocesan Catholic Office.
Key Tasks include:
- Cash Receipting
- Bank Reconciliations
- Debtors Ledger processing
- Prompt payments
- General Ledger Reconciliations
Ideally applicants should have relevant accounting knowledge and experience, good organisational skills with strong attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills and be a team player with integrity and dependability.
Empathy with and commitment to upholding the values of the Catholic Church would be an advantage.
Only people with the right to work in New Zealand, need apply.
Please send an application form, cover letter and CV to Leanne Killgour, Human Resources Manager, email@example.com. To view the full job description, please click here and to download the application form, please click here.
Applications close on 17 August 2018.